Monday, December 30, 2013

Recovering from the holidays! in the mission! haha

Hey family!

it was so good to see you all on christmas!! I hope you werent worried when I had to say goodbye crying because I was happy! I feel like home doesnt feel that far away and it felt good to talk to you guys because it reminded me that things are still going to be the same with us when I get home! I also felt super grateful for our family! just like, wow, these are the people that I get to spend forever with! Im sooo thankful for that!!!! and nothing else matters, we dont need presents or anything to make the holidays special, its just getting to be with the people you love!
So I will some up how crazy this week has been and so not like any other week! so after christmas we went and starting working super hard on thursday but I had woke up not feeling super good and then the full heat of the summer has finally set in too! it was a 109 degrees yesterday! So we walked a ton on thursday but i started feeling just super weak with body aches and my head was pounding so we came home early at like 6 and i realized that I had a fever but I hadnt noticed because it had been so hot, and then I was super sick all thursday night and literally couldnt get out of my bed on friday, we had to stay the day at home. I cant remember the last time that I was that sick! I didnt know what it was from, the heat or the exhaustion had just finally caught up with me or the holidays, but then Friday the elders called and they were at home sick with the same thing! Elder Hunsaker says that there was an elder he found out who had been sick at our christmas activity and he blames him for us all dying haha
but the craziest news of all came friday night! We got a call from president McMullin and he has called hermana Tomco to be a sister trainer leader for our mission! This is such exciting news because this is the highest position a sister can serve in the mission! its kind of the equivilent of an assistent to the president for the elders! Shes so excited but we were shocked because im only halfway done through my training! so what will be happening is, Im staying in Juan de Salazar and getting a new companion tomorrow morning, Hermana Luz! shes latina by the sound of her name and thats all i know about her but shes going to finish training me! And hermana Tomco is going to be in Campo Grande so shes in the Presidents families ward and shes going to be living in the really really nice part of downtown Asuncion! we have to leave at 5 in the morning tomorrow for asuncion for changes! Im sad to say goodbye to her and a little nervous about the change but I know that president mcmullin is called to lead us and he is making the decisions that heavenly father wants for us! so starting tomorrow, no more english for me at all! haha It will be good, im going to learn a lot faster now.
I will tell you all about the change and my new companion next week! Its crazy how fast things change in the mission and you honestly never know whats going to happen! its a little stressful haha but it keeps us on our toes. And im just going to be here keeping on working hard! I hope you guys all have an awesome News Years! I love you guys so much! Ill talk to you next week!

Love
Hermana Meese


No comments:

Post a Comment