Monday, January 13, 2014

3 months in the mission!

Hola Familia!

guess what. I hit my 3 month mark of being in the mission this past week! its crazy how time flies!
This past week was a really fun week, starting last pday I got my christmas package from grandma! and I got a postcard from london from lauren and a letter from elder lund too! Shout out to grandma, thank you so much for the toms! I have worn them like everyday this week!
and I have to tell you guys, its crazy but people wear Toms around here, and its not because they bought them. where I am now is the recieving side of the one for one. so whenever you guys are buying toms you can think of me and all my paraguayan friends wearing them while we walk on these red dirt roads down here! it made me really proud that I got the chance to work for that company, and they really know what theyre doing becuase these are the most practical shoes to wear because you can wash them and its too hot for socks and they keep your feet protected on the dirt and rocks. anyways along with grandmas package, I have never been so happy to eat fruit snacks in my whole life! they just dont have snack foods like that here!
Wednesday was a good day too because we had zone conference and so president and his wife came and taught us about how we can improve our contacting and all those things, and hermana mcmullin blessed our home with a microwave! we were sooo excited!!!! haha
Thursday hermana Velma came to our house too and she is incharge of keeping all the missionaries houses clean and she is a riot haha shes this little peruvian lady and  she comes in and just sprays everything with lysol and then reorganizes our whole house and we help her and the whole time she just tells us about the gossips of the mission and which missionaries have gone home and are getting married and whats going on all over paraguay haha ive become a pro at mopping paraguayan style with a squeegee and a rag haha
also on thursday i put my house painting skills to use again! we went and did service for our investigators that are brazilian, and they are just finishing building their house and were painting the whole thing so we went over and helped them paint practically the whole thing! haha I think the mom, creosa was surprised at how hard two white american girls work and how fast we could paint!
our other investigator right now we have that we are working with, is Monse and shes 9 and she wants to get baptized. her mom is a member but she hasnt gone to church in a longtime because shes offended with a lot of people in our ward so we are trying to help her because monse cant get baptized until her mom is back going to church again. but she came to church with us on sunday! she reminds me a lot of Mallory! it made me proud thinking of mallorys baptism just this last year!
this week was a little sad in our ward though because we had a recent convert, maria, i dont know if i told you about her before but she was really sick with cancer but me and hermana tomco would go visit her each week and sing for her but she passed away this week so the whole ward was a little sad but we know shes in a better place now because shes not suffering anymore.
To finish off the week yesterday we went over to our bishops house and met with him and his wife! The bishop is super young for a bishop, I think hes about 29 but he and his wife are really strong members and have a 6 year old daughter. The bishop too works for beehive clothing, which makes the garments for the church! his job is to put in all the special symbols haha so next time your thinking about your garments, you can remember that my bishop is making them for you!
so this was a week of my life in paraguay! I feel like i have so much to say and so little time but I hope you guys are hearing about the things you want to hear about! if you want to hear about anything else here just ask! and id love to fill you in more and whatever.
love you guys so much! everyone remember to keep reading the book of mormon everyday and do your best in your callings! ive gained a new appreciation for those that do their callings, it makes such a difference in a ward, even the little things!
talk to you all next week! chao!

hermana meese

No comments:

Post a Comment